Tuesday, July 26, 2011

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear Mr. President,

You asked the American people last night to contact their Congressional Representatives, to tell what they think about our Debit Limit crisis. Since my Representative Gwen Moore or Senator Herb Kohl, do not represent me, I am writing to you.

Well sir, I hold you responsible. You have been an obstacle to honest negotiations. You have intentionally prolonged the crisis, not once offering a written plan.

In short sir, your demagogic mendacious grandstanding has not been helpful. Today, America has a spending problem that manifests as a debt crisis. Tomorrow it will be more odious. You sir are responsible and accountable to fix it, by finding solutions with Congress.

I read John Rawls, on my own initiative in 1985, as a doctoral student in public policy at Vanderbilt University. In my view, Professor Rawls' political philosophy of redistribution of wealth is incompatible with American culture and capitalism. I bring up Rawls because I believe it is fundamental to the direction you have taken this country. It is your duty to tell the American people that that is your intention. Then the 2012 Election will tell all of us what direction the American people wish to go.

Until then, you and your Democratic cohorts own this economy and you are responsible to make it work.

No comments: